Thursday, October 19, 2017

TBT: Escape by Kenya Wright with review



Title: Escape
Author: Kenya Wright
Series: The Vampire King bk 1
Publisher: Secret Cravings

A domina’s only purpose in life was to birth vampire children for the Quiet King. Any human woman with the domina gene spent their lives in the castle under strict rules and the guards’ watchful eyes. Brie has been a domina for two years. After witnessing the slaughter of babies, she plans to escape and seeks help from Samuel, a vampire known for aiding many out of slavery.

However, Samuel has only one policy. He won’t help dominas escape the king. The penalty is too high and their blood triggers powers in him that he doesn’t want released. So Brie is forced to lie about being a domina and Samuel is lured in by her blood. Something emerges within them that they can’t deny, overwhelming their every cell and igniting an all-consuming hunger that neither can flee.


Review


Who the heck is Kenya Wright? I asked myself when I clicked on her email. Well, Kenya Wright seems to be an author to watch it turns out.
You know, not even a year ago I was safe and happy reading in my own little bubble with my comfortable authors I know and love never once wanting to break out and try an author no one’s never heard of, much less an author that self published. I have no idea why I was so tight laced about it. But never again! Yeah, there are some bad apples in the bunch, just like with everything but Escape was so far from only an ok read.
When I first glanced over the book, I was really disappointed that it was only about a hundred pages. I thought; ‘What the heck kind of story can be filled in that amount of time and still have a satisfactorily ending?’ Well, it was not a great ending since it turned out to be the first in a series, so the story will continue on into bk2. BUT, the story in between? S*@%T! One word. Explosive.
The sex was amazing! The plot was inventive. The characters were out of this world good; From the blind vampire king to the people who lived in the sewer; it was….really good. I loved the epilogue that was told by Samuel, the hero. Totally got you on the edge of your seat waiting for more from Kenya Wright. And oh I almost forgot! The illustrations in the book were something new, gave a whole new perspective on the story, a good one though. The pictures reminded me a lot of The Kama Sutra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...